AFFREMARINE is a shipbroking company based in Saint Germain en Laye (78), France with 6 brokers and 4 people in operations.
We are looking for a Post-fixing analyst to join our Maritime Operations team in Paris.
- Accomplishment of post fixture tasks for all chartered vessels.
- Liaising and communicating mainly with Ship Owners and Charterers and in case of need Agents, Shippers, Port Authorities, Officials, Stevedores, and other Port Service Suppliers.
- Maintaining communication and control through all phases of the shipment, including the production of management internal reports, when asked.
- Checking and making sure all documentation meets Charterers’ guidelines, customs and compliance with overseas countries’ regulations and fiscal regimes.
- Acting as a consultant in maritime regulations matters & providing information to clients through data collection.
- Maintaining current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations and other factors that could affect the movement of freight and/or cargo.
- CP editing and finalizing
- Assistance in claims handling & risk management.
- Laytime calculations, including negotiating demurrage claims and voyage closing reports, if needed.
- Liaising with the operations team, following the schedule of the allocated vessels, checking time bars on recaps and ensuring that all claims are settled.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently as well as in team setting.
- Able to perform well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Highly detail-oriented, strong business and work ethic.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken – good communication is key for this role.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Computer literate with well-developed skills across the Microsoft suite.
- Shipping experience and background in the Maritime industry is a plus.
- Operator with experience preferred, but recent college graduates are also encouraged to apply.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment, be flexible and able to adapt to changing workloads and priorities, where high standards are not compromised under pressure.
- Demonstrate good planning, organizing and numeric skills, and an excellent attention to detail.
Mobile: + 33 (0) 6 09 98 21 65